Daily Dose of Inspiration

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Detox for health reasons

It has been a very long time since I have posted.  I can't believe time has flown by this fast and it's 2012.  So much has happened since I last posted.  First, I am going back to work after 4 1/2 years of being a SAHM.  I am sad but I am ready and excited.  I will be working as a nurse at UCI and I couldn't be happier working for a great medical facility.  Second, I ate like an animal and now I have been dealing with gallbladder attacks.  OUCH.  This has opened my eyes. I was in so much pain and I knew that I needed a detox.    I dusted off the breville, my tea pot, restocked my fridge with lots of fruits and veggies and have been loving the changes I am feeling. My goal was to rest my digestive system.  I wanted to consume pure and fresh food that was easily digestable.  No meat, dairy,caffeine, sugar or processed stuff.  It took 3 days for the pain to go away and I did it all through my diet.  I love the lightness and the energy too. Have you considered changing or eliminating foods from your diet?  How did it make you feel?  I would love to hear.

My menu for the last two days:

Upon waking: room temp water with lemon
breakfast: fruit or juice(beets, carrots, celery, apples, lemon)
snack: hot tea
lunch: green salad with lemon juice and salt
snack: hot tea or juice (carrot, apple, pear, ginger, parsley)
dinner: miso soup
snack hot tea

I know to some you may think this sounds like nothing but I must stress I was in pain and fearful of eating because I knew it may cause pain to flare up.  This worked for me and I have learned so much of what I need to avoid to prevent this from happening. 

A salad beast.  This was actually served in a medium sized mixing bowl.  I ate it all. 

Berry tea for the girls and camomile for me.  The muffins were for the girls too and I refrained.

The first juice in a long time.  Carrot, apples, celery.  It's all I had in the fridge before I did my shopping

My tea pot that I've had for 6 years.  Great for loose leaf teas.

Breville juicer has been dusted and being used three times per day.

No comments: